We concentrate on your whole pet, adhering to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility worthy of your trust. Find comfort within our warm and welcoming environment and in a space that makes your pet feel relaxed and adored from the moment they step through our door.
The values that guide our practice today are those very same principles introduced by our founder, Dr. Brian Silverlieb, more than three decades ago.
Sensitive to even the slightest change, your pet will appreciate having just one familiar locale for all of his or her care needs – from vaccinations to wellness examinations, laser surgery to critical care, grooming to dental care, and daycare to long-term boarding.
At Mt. Pleasant, we also take into consideration your needs, accommodating your schedule with extended Saturday, early morning and late evening hours. Convenient drop-off care has been designed to get you in and out rapidly while ensuring a comfortable transition for your pet. We also make house calls.
Our Practice Philosophy
To do so, we will operate with the following objectives:
1. To run our hospital on a financially sound basis.
2. To provide a professional & growth-motivated environment for our staff, which will in turn, promote teamwork & communication among our staff.
3. To uphold all legal and ethical aspects of the field of veterinary medicine.
4. To encourage and support our staff to obtain certifications, participate in continuing education and professional development.
5. To uphold our strict standards of medical and client service, while maintaining competitive prices.
Our Value System
2. We value our client’s trust and satisfaction with our services, always.
3. We value our client’s dedication to helping and healing their friends, always.
4. We value our employee’s hard work.
5. We value our employee’s suggestions.
6. We value the team’s dedication toward company growth.
7. We value our responsibility to provide a safe working environment.
8. We value each other, as individuals, and each other’s personal respect.
9. We value ownership for giving us the opportunity to perform work.
10. We value the patient and their needs.
We, as team, must make the dedication to uphold this value system. The statements contained on this page are the staple nourishment for our continual growth.
Our Clinic Standards
We strive to operate our facility on sound business practices that will ensure our continued growth and success. Our non-negotiable standards include
- A clean and reputable hospital that is customer service based;
- A staff that is knowledgeable, courteous and respectful to our clients;
- Caring and efficient reception service;
- High skilled and knowledgeable technicians; and
- Doctors who have a love for animals.
The Client is the most important person in our business.
They are not dependant on us – we depend on them.
They are not an interruption in our work – they are the very purpose of it.
They are not just cold statistic, but a real flesh and blood human, just like you and I.
They are a vital part of out business – not an outsider.
They are not just a name, a fact, or a number on a ledger.
They are not people to argue or match wits with.
They are people who bring to us their needs and wants. Our job is to fulfill them.
They are the lifeblood of our community.
They are the ones who buy our services – pays our salaries.
They deserve the most courteous and attentive treatment we can give them
-- Adaptation from Taprel Loomis