Founded in 1977, Newtown’s preeminent Mt. Pleasant Hospital for Animals melds old world values with the latest and most sophisticated high-tech medical equipment and standards. At Mt. Pleasant, we inspire hope and contribute to veterinary health and well-being by delivering the finest care to every patient by means of our integrated clinical practice and education.
We concentrate on your whole pet, adhering to the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and personal responsibility worthy of your trust. Find comfort within our warm and welcoming environment and in a space that makes your pet feel relaxed and adored from the moment they step through our door.
The values that guide our practice today are those very same principles introduced by our founder, Dr. Brian Silverlieb, more than three decades ago.
Sensitive to even the slightest change, your pet will appreciate having just one familiar locale for all of his or her care needs – from vaccinations to wellness examinations, laser surgery to critical care, grooming to dental care, and daycare to long-term boarding.
At Mt. Pleasant, we also take into consideration your needs, accommodating your schedule with extended Saturday, early morning and late evening hours. Convenient drop-off care has been designed to get you in and out rapidly while ensuring a comfortable transition for your pet. We also make house calls.
Our Practice Philosophy
It is the philosophy of this practice to maintain at all times good business practices, a sound professionalism in our manner with clients, and the highest standards in veterinary medicine. We will provide our clients and patients with the best possible service and care in a professional manner.
To do so, we will operate with the following objectives:
1. To run our hospital on a financially sound basis.
2. To provide a professional & growth-motivated environment for our staff, which will in turn, promote teamwork & communication among our staff.
3. To uphold all legal and ethical aspects of the field of veterinary medicine.
4. To encourage and support our staff to obtain certifications, participate in continuing education and professional development.
5. To uphold our strict standards of medical and client service, while maintaining competitive prices.
Our Value System
1. We value our client’s opinions and concerns, always.
2. We value our client’s trust and satisfaction with our services, always.
3. We value our client’s dedication to helping and healing their friends, always.
4. We value our employee’s hard work.
5. We value our employee’s suggestions.
6. We value the team’s dedication toward company growth.
7. We value our responsibility to provide a safe working environment.
8. We value each other, as individuals, and each other’s personal respect.
9. We value ownership for giving us the opportunity to perform work.
10. We value the patient and their needs.
We, as team, must make the dedication to uphold this value system. The statements contained on this page are the staple nourishment for our continual growth.